Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thursday, June 23; 2011

At this point I turned in my journal to our fearless leaders so I anything I write from this point on is "post-script" information...

We arose extra early, well before dawn, to take the boats back to the jetty, an hour ride away. Then we boarded a bus to travel back to Sandakan where most of us were to board planes and start our long journey home.

My travels the rest of this day:
Sandakan, Malaysia to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Hong Kong:

An Oriental Darter (Snakebird) soaks up the suns rays in the early morning.

A large male Proboscis Monkey sits quietly overlooking his troupe.




Long Tailed Macaque

Crocodiles rule the waters of the Kinabatangan.  They are responsible for several deaths each year.

Sandakan, Malaysia airport

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia airport (one of the fanciest I have ever seen!)

The weary travelers: left to right: Keith, Lauren, Don, Craig
Simulated rainforest and waterfall inside the Kuala Lumpur airport.


Back in Hong Kong!


No comments:

Post a Comment